You can make the most of your Cigna insurance by ensuring your plan covers the services needed for overcoming your substance use disorder. After verifying this, you should check your plan’s details, including the deductible and co-pays.
A co-pay is a flat fee you pay for a service after meeting the deductible. For example, you may have a co-pay for medications, primary care provider visits or medical specialist appointments. The fee will depend on how much your Cigna insurance plan covers. If you have a coinsurance plan, you’ll be charged a percentage of each covered service. If your coinsurance plan has an 80/20 split, for example, the plan will cover 80% of the costs, leaving you to pay 20% out of pocket.